Egg Roll Bowls are a quick and easy one-pan meal that brings all the flavors of an egg roll in a healthier form. The dish consists of ground pork or chicken, coleslaw mix, onions, garlic, and a simple sauce made with soy sauce and other seasonings. The recipe is gluten-free, low-carb, and can be made in under 30 minutes, making it perfect for busy weeknights. The dish can be customized with different protein options and vegetables, making it a versatile and flavorful meal.
Common Questions :
Can I make Egg Roll Bowls without meat?
Yes, you can make Egg Roll Bowls without meat by using tofu or mushrooms instead. You can also add extra vegetables to the recipe to make it more filling.
How can I make Egg Roll Bowls gluten-free?
To make Egg Roll Bowls gluten-free, you can use gluten-free soy sauce or tamari instead of regular soy sauce. You can also use rice noodles or cauliflower rice instead of regular rice.
Can I use ground pork or beef instead of ground chicken in Egg Roll Bowls?
Yes, you can use ground pork or beef instead of ground chicken in Egg Roll Bowls. The flavor profile will be slightly different, but the dish will still be delicious.
Can I use different vegetables in Egg Roll Bowls?
Yes, you can use different vegetables in Egg Roll Bowls based on your personal preferences. Some other vegetables that work well in this recipe include bell peppers, mushrooms, snow peas, and shredded carrots.
Can Egg Roll Bowls be made ahead of time?
Yes, you can make Egg Roll Bowls ahead of time and store them in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, simply microwave or heat on the stove until heated through.
Health Benefits of Egg Roll Bowls:
Egg Roll Bowls are a healthy meal option that offer several health benefits. Here are a few:
- High in Protein: This dish is high in protein, which helps to build and repair muscles, and keeps you feeling full for longer.
- Low in Carbohydrates: Egg Roll Bowls are a great low-carb meal option for those who are watching their carbohydrate intake. They are also gluten-free if you use tamari or coconut aminos instead of soy sauce.
- Packed with Veggies: This recipe contains a variety of vegetables, such as cabbage, carrots, and bell peppers, which are high in fiber and essential nutrients like vitamin C.
- Supports Digestive Health: The vegetables used in this recipe are also high in fiber, which can help support healthy digestion and regularity.
- Low in Calories: Egg Roll Bowls are a low-calorie meal option, making them a great choice for those who are looking to lose weight or maintain a healthy weight.
Overall, Egg Roll Bowls are a healthy, well-rounded meal option that can be easily customized to meet your dietary needs and preferences.
The key takeaways from Egg Roll Bowls are:
- Egg Roll Bowls are a delicious and easy-to-make recipe that combines the flavors of an egg roll in a healthy bowl format.
- Egg Roll Bowls are highly customizable, and you can add or subtract ingredients to fit your taste and dietary needs.
- The recipe is perfect for those following a low-carb or keto diet, as it contains only low-carb ingredients and is high in protein.
- Egg Roll Bowls are packed with health benefits, as the recipe includes a variety of nutrient-dense ingredients such as cabbage, carrots, and bell peppers.
- Egg Roll Bowls are a great option for busy weeknights or for meal prep, as they can be made in advance and stored in the fridge for up to four days.
Egg Roll Bowls
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
In just 15 minutes, you can enjoy a protein-packed and flavorful Egg Roll in a Bowl. This recipe is made with ground pork or beef, cabbage, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, soy sauce, and green onions.
- 1 pound ground beef or pork
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 14 ounces shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce or liquid aminos
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons sliced green onions
- In a large skillet, cook the ground pork or beef over medium-high heat until it’s no longer pink. Add the minced garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add the shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix, soy sauce, and ground ginger to the skillet. Sauté until the cabbage is tender to your liking, adding a little water if needed to help it cook down.
- Create a well in the center of the skillet and crack the egg into it. Scramble the egg until it’s fully cooked over low heat.
- Add the sriracha to the skillet and stir until everything is well combined. Drizzle the sesame oil over the top and sprinkle with sliced green onions.
- Add more soy sauce or sriracha as desired, and serve hot.
This recipe makes 4 servings. You can either divide the pan into 4 equal portions or weigh the dish and divide by 4 to determine the serving size. The weight of each serving may vary depending on the brand or type of meat used.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 913
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 2310.7 mg
- Fat: 32.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 36.6 g
- Protein: 116.2 g
- Cholesterol: 457.2 mg
Keywords: Egg Roll Bowls