Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables is a flavorful and easy-to-make meal that combines tender chicken and crispy roasted vegetables coated in a sweet and savory teriyaki sauce. This one-pan recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or whenever you want a healthy and delicious meal without too much fuss. The combination of juicy chicken, fresh vegetables, and mouthwatering sauce make for a satisfying and well-rounded dish that everyone will enjoy.
Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables is an easy and convenient one-pan meal that’s perfect for busy weeknights. With everything cooked on a single sheet pan, it’s a hassle-free way to get a healthy and delicious dinner on the table with minimal clean-up. This recipe is designed to be easy and quick, with simple steps and readily available ingredients. Additionally, the recipe can be easily scaled up or down depending on the number of servings needed. So whether you’re cooking for yourself or your whole family, this recipe is a great go-to option for a satisfying and fuss-free meal.
the ingredients needed for Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 1 yellow onion, sliced
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Some tips on choosing the best chicken and vegetables for Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables:
- Chicken: Use fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts for best results. Look for chicken breasts that are uniform in size, plump and free of any bruises or discoloration. It is best to trim any excess fat or gristle from the chicken breasts before cutting them into cubes.
- Vegetables: You can customize this recipe based on your preferences, but some great vegetable choices include bell peppers, broccoli, onions, carrots, and snap peas. When choosing your vegetables, make sure they are fresh and vibrant in color. Look for crisp and firm broccoli florets and bright and crisp bell peppers. Avoid vegetables that are wilted or discolored as they may not cook evenly.
- Preparation: Wash and dry the vegetables before chopping them. Cut the vegetables into uniform-sized pieces so they cook evenly. You can also use frozen vegetables, but be sure to thaw them before using in the recipe.
Some tips and variations to adapt the Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables recipe to different tastes:
- Change up the vegetables: You can use any combination of vegetables you like in this recipe. For example, you can substitute the bell peppers with zucchini, squash, or mushrooms. You can also add more vegetables, such as carrots or snap peas, for more color and flavor.
- Use different proteins: If you don’t like chicken, you can use shrimp, beef, or tofu instead. Adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Adjust the sweetness: If you prefer a less sweet sauce, reduce the amount of brown sugar or honey. You can also add more vinegar for a tangier flavor.
- Make it spicy: If you like some heat, add a pinch of cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes to the sauce. You can also serve the dish with hot sauce or chili oil on the side.
- Add nuts: To add some crunch to the dish, sprinkle some chopped peanuts or cashews on top of the chicken and vegetables before serving.
- Customize the sauce: If you prefer a thicker sauce, add more cornstarch to the mixture. You can also adjust the seasoning to your liking by adding more soy sauce, garlic, or ginger.
Common Questions :
What are some common vegetables used in Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables, and how do they contribute to the dish?
Some common vegetables used in Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables are broccoli, bell peppers, onions, and carrots. The vegetables contribute to the dish by adding color, texture, and flavor. Broccoli and bell peppers provide a crunchy and slightly sweet taste, while onions and carrots give the dish a savory and slightly sweet taste.
Are there any alternative cooking methods for this recipe, or is the sheet pan the best way to prepare it?
Yes, there are alternative cooking methods for this recipe. For example, you can grill the chicken and vegetables instead of roasting them in the oven. You can also stir-fry the chicken and vegetables in a wok or frying pan, and then toss them with the teriyaki sauce.
What are some common ways to adjust the flavor of the teriyaki sauce to better suit individual tastes?
One way to adjust the flavor of the teriyaki sauce is to add more or less sugar or honey, depending on your preference. You can also add more or less soy sauce or ginger to make it more or less savory. You can also add a little bit of rice vinegar or lime juice to make it more tangy.
Can this recipe be easily adapted to accommodate dietary restrictions, such as for vegetarians or gluten-free diets?
Yes, this recipe can be easily adapted to accommodate dietary restrictions. For vegetarians, you can replace the chicken with tofu or tempeh, and use a vegetarian or vegan-friendly teriyaki sauce. For gluten-free diets, you can use a gluten-free soy sauce or tamari instead of regular soy sauce, and use cornstarch instead of flour to thicken the sauce.
Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 6 Servings 1x
This Sheet Pan Teriyaki Chicken with Vegetables recipe is easy to make and perfect for a quick and healthy dinner. You’ll love the combination of tender chicken and crispy roasted vegetables, all coated in a sweet and savory teriyaki sauce.
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
1 yellow onion, sliced
1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
1 tablespoon of minced garlic
1 tablespoon of minced ginger
2 tablespoons of cornstarch
1/2 cup of low-sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of honey
1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C) and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and 1/4 cup of water. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add the cubed chicken, sliced bell peppers, sliced onion, broccoli florets, minced garlic, and minced ginger. Toss everything together to evenly distribute the ingredients.
In a medium-sized saucepan, add the soy sauce, 1/2 cup of water, brown sugar, honey, rice vinegar, and sesame oil. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Once the mixture is simmering, pour in the cornstarch slurry and stir to combine. The mixture should thicken within a minute or two. Remove from heat.
Drizzle the vegetable oil over the chicken and vegetables in the mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss everything together to evenly coat the ingredients with the oil.
Spread the chicken and vegetable mixture out on the prepared sheet pan in a single layer.
Drizzle half of the teriyaki sauce over the chicken and vegetables, reserving the other half for later.
Bake the sheet pan in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender and caramelized.
Remove the sheet pan from the oven and drizzle the remaining teriyaki sauce over the chicken and vegetables.
Serve hot with steamed rice or noodles.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Asian
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 166
- Sugar: 15.1 g
- Sodium: 972.2 mg
- Fat: 5.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 23.1 g
- Protein: 7.1 g
- Cholesterol: 13.8 mg
Keywords: chicken,sheet pan,teriyaki,vegetables