Hey there! Let me tell you about this amazing Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo dish that brings together the most wonderful flavors. Imagine perfectly cooked al dente pasta, coated in a lusciously creamy and cheesy alfredo sauce. And let’s not forget about those succulent and buttery shrimp, along with the nutritious and satisfying broccoli. The best part? You can whip up this fantastic weekday meal in just 30 minutes, all in one pot. It’s a true delight for your taste buds without the hassle.
Let’s talk about Alfredo sauce, my friends! This incredible sauce got its name from none other than Alfredo, an Italian restaurant owner back in the 1920s in Rome. Can you believe it? I mean, how can you not love it even more now? Alfredo himself created this masterpiece by combining butter, cream, and Parmesan cheese into a velvety sauce that he generously poured over a steaming plate of fettuccini. And let’s not forget the finishing touch—a generous sprinkle of pepper. Thank you, Alfredo, for giving us this divine creation!
When I make my own version of Alfredo sauce, I like to take it up a notch by adding garlic for extra flavor. Oh, and I also use a little flour to make a roux, which helps maintain that beautiful creamy consistency we all adore.
Now, let’s talk about making Shrimp and Broccoli Alfredo using jarred sauce. Hey, I get it—we all have those days when time is tight, or we’re missing some ingredients, and reaching for a pantry staple is the way to go. There’s absolutely no shame in that! So, if you want to use jarred Alfredo sauce, here’s what you do: Cook the pasta, broccoli, and shrimp as directed. In a pot or skillet, melt some butter over medium heat and toss in the pasta, giving it a nice buttery coat. Then, add the jarred Alfredo sauce (how much you use is up to you, but remember, a little goes a long way!) and give everything another stir. Next, add back the broccoli and shrimp, sprinkle some more Parmesan cheese on top, and voila! You’re ready to serve up a delicious meal.
Remember, my friends, cooking is all about convenience and making the most of what you have. So, whether you’re making your own Alfredo sauce or using a jarred version, enjoy the process and savor every bite.Print
SHRIMP & BROCCOLI ALFREDO
- 1½ pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 cups broccoli florets, steamed
- 1 cup white mushrooms, sliced
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ medium onion, minced
- ¼ stick unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp creole seasoning
- 1(15 oz) jar Bertolli® Alfredo Sauce
- In a large pot, boil the pasta according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Add butter, shrimp, onions, and mushrooms. Saute shrimp and vegetables, stirring often. Add garlic and dry seasonings after 5 minutes of sauteing.
- After 5 additional minutes of sauteing, add the shrimp and vegetable mixture to the cooked, drained pasta. Add steamed broccoli, alfredo sauce, and any additional dry seasonings to taste. Stir to combine and blend flavors.
- Serve with bread sticks and a garden salad. Garnish with dried parsley and chives.