5-ingredient pecan pie muffins that really taste like pecan pie! With lots of buttery brown sugar, eggs, a little bit of flour and pecans.
Salted caramel drizzle entirely optional but highly recommended.
They’re tender yet dense with notes of butterscotch and caramel combined with the unmistakable crunch of pecans in every bite.
They’re super moist with the softest middles that will melt in your mouth.
I didn’t have high expectations for them and was completely wowed by how delicious they turned out! They come together so quickly you can whip them up for impromptu guests or when you want something sweet without a lot of work.
I’d make a double batch.
- non-stick cooking oil spray
- 1 cup chopped pecans, plus 9 whole ones for decorating the top
- 1 packed cup brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 + ⅓ sticks melted butter (10.75 tablespoons or 5.3 ounces)
- salted caramel sauce, optional for drizzling over the top
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Fit a muffin pan with 9 paper liners and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl mix the pecans, sugar and flour together.
- In a separate mixing bowl bowl beat the eggs until foamy then stir in the melted butter.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the egg mixture.
- Stir just until combined.
- Fill each liner almost to the top – ⅞ full. Place a pecan on the top of each one.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Cool in the pan.
- To serve drizzle the tops with salted caramel.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: DESSERT
- Cuisine: American