Rich and fudgy brownies speckled with chocolate chips, walnuts and fat-free Greek yogurt instead of butter. They have all the decadence of their full-fat counterparts without the pudge.
Greek yogurt is a miracle worker making these dense and fudgy almost in the same way butter works. The yogurt gives them a slightly different texture that I like even more than the buttery version. The fudgy centers are smooth and creamy – almost silky – while still retaining the denseness I enjoy in a brownie. They have great chocolate flavor with a subtle tanginess from the yogurt.
I should tell you I’m a die-hard brownie fan. They’re my dessert of choice and they have to be fudgy. I won’t touch a cakey brownie with a ten-foot pole. So when I say I don’t see a reason to ever go back to butter-laden brownies because these were just as satisfying to my raging sweet tooth. . . that’s pretty serious stuff.
I’ll be reaching for the Greek yogurt every time I make brownies. From now until eternity.
No-pudge Greek yogurt brownies? I love you.
How can Greek yogurt be used to make brownies healthier?
Greek yogurt can be used as a healthier alternative to fats like oil or butter in brownie recipes. It not only reduces the overall fat content but also adds a source of protein. Additionally, Greek yogurt helps to keep brownies moist and dense. It’s a great way to make brownies a bit more nutritious without sacrificing texture or taste.Print
GREEK YOGURT BROWNIES
- Total Time: 52 minutes
Rich, dense fudgy brownies speckled with chocolate chips, walnuts and fat-free Greek yogurt instead of butter.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8x2-inch baking pan with parchment paper leaving the sides overhanging or butter and flour.
- In a large bowl whisk the flour, baking powder and salt together.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips using the chocolate setting of your microwave in 20 second increments, stirring in between until smooth and melted. Whisk in the sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla and yogurt.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Mix in 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips and 1/4 cup white chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the pan and spread evenly. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup semisweet and 1/4 cup white chocolate chips over top. Bake 28 – 32 minutes or until a toothpick in center comes out with a few moist crumbs but not wet batter.
- Cool in pan on wire racks. Lift using the parchment to a cutting board and cut into squares with a sharp chef’s knife or paring knife, wiping clean after each cut.
- Store tightly covered in a cool, dry place.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 32 minutes
- Category: DESSERT
Keywords: GREEK YOGURT BROWNIES