What do you get when you combine two favorites into one? Only the most craveable munchy food in the entire world!
Salty tortilla chips piled high with slow-cooked seasoned chicken, melted cheese, tomatoes, black olives and whatever else your little heart loves on tacos be it shredded lettuce, diced avocado, red onion, black beans, pickled jalapenos – there is no right or wrong – just deliciousness at every turn.
Boneless chicken breasts are slow-cooked in a crock-pot with taco seasoning, onions, garlic and a little chicken broth to keep them moist and juicy. If you never cooked chicken in your crock-pot then you are in for a real treat – they turn out so tender you can cut them with a fork.
Once cooked the breasts are cut or shredded into bite-sized pieces and added back to the pot. If a lot of juice is left in the pot you can cook them further with the lid off to evaporate it off.
For assembly the tortilla chips are laid out on a baking sheet and topped with the chicken, cheese and olives then baked until hot.
The remaining toppings are sprinkled on – your choice of fresh tomatoes, onions, shredded lettuce, diced avocados, black beans, etc. . . along with sour cream, guacamole and/or salsa for dipping and dunking.
They make a great dinner, appetizer for a crowd or movie/game night munchy snack. Plus you can easily adapt the recipe to heat them on a grill for your next barbecue.
Are you craving a delicious and easy-to-make meal that will satisfy your taste buds? Look no further than these mouthwatering slow-cooker chicken taco nachos! Packed with flavor and perfect for sharing with friends and family, this recipe is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser.
These slow-cooker chicken taco nachos are perfect for game day parties, movie nights, or any occasion where you want to impress your guests with a tasty and satisfying dish. The slow-cooker method ensures that the chicken is tender and flavorful, while the combination of salsa and taco seasoning adds a delicious kick.
Feel free to customize these nachos with your favorite toppings. Add some diced onions, black olives, or even a sprinkle of cilantro for extra flavor. The possibilities are endless!
So why wait? Grab your slow cooker and get ready to indulge in these irresistible slow-cooker chicken taco nachos. Your taste buds will thank you!Print
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 packet of taco seasoning (or my homemade mix)
- ½ cup diced onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- sea or kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 14 – 16 ounces plain salted tortilla chips
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese (white or yellow or a mix)
- ½ cup sliced olives
- ½ cup diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon snipped scallions
- shredded lettuce
- diced onions
- pickled jalapenos
- diced fresh avocado
- black beans, sprinkle these on before heating
- sour cream
- In a 4 quart slow-cooker whisk the broth and taco seasoning together. Stir in the onion and garlic.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and nestle them into the slow-cooker.
- Cook 4 hours on high or 6 – 8 on low.
- Remove the chicken breasts to a cutting board and let them sit for 5 – 10 minutes.
- Cut or shred the chicken into bite-sized pieces. Add them back to the slow-cooker and toss with the juices.
- If the chicken is very juicy let it cook on high with the lid off to evaporate some of it off.
- On a large baking sheet or 2 medium sheets lay the tortilla chips out.
- Drop spoonfuls of the chicken over the chips. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the chips are hot 10 – 15 minutes.
- Top with the olives, tomatoes and scallions plus any other toppings you like.
- Serve with sour cream, guacamole and/or salsa.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Dinner
- Cuisine: Mexican