This easy, one-pan chicken dijonnaise comes together in about 25 minutes making it perfect for a busy weeknight or any night when you want something special without a lot of work.
Boneless chicken breasts coated in flour are pan-fried in butter until cooked through. The flour forms a crunchy, golden-brown coating on the outside that is positively delicious. The chicken is removed and a sauce is made with the buttery drippings left in the bottom of the pan.
Heavy whipping cream, white wine(or chicken broth) and Dijon mustard plus a few chopped green onions make up the sauce that comes together in under five minutes.
It’s super creamy with a hint of mustard that isn’t overpowering in the least. Even if you don’t like mustard, chances are you’ll like this sauce. . .
- 3 - 4 boneless chicken breasts
- sea or kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- ½ cup all-purpose flour or cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions, divided
- ⅓ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup white wine (or low-sodium chicken broth)
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- Place chicken breasts between two pieces of plastic on a cutting board and pound out to an even thickness ¾ - 1-inch thick.
- Season them well with salt and pepper.
- Place the flour or cornstarch in a wide shallow bowl. Dredge the chicken breasts coating them lightly on each side.
- Heat a large frying pan over medium heat and melt the butter.
- Add the chicken and cook about 7 - 8 minutes. Turn them over and cook another 5 - 7 minutes or so - until internal temperature on a meat thermometer (into the center of the breast) registers 165 - 174 degrees F.
- Remove the chicken breasts to a platter and cover with foil.
- Add 1 + ½ tablespoons green onions to the skillet and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the heavy whipping cream and whisk the wine and mustard into it.
- Bring to a simmer while whisking and cook 2 - 3 minutes.
- Ladle over the chicken and garnish with the remaining green onions to serve.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g