EASY DOUBLE DECKER PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE FUDGE – Easy-to-make “cheater’s” fudge with two flavors in one! Chocolate and peanut butter like a Reese’s peanut butter cup.
I call it cheater’s fudge because you don’t need a candy thermometer. The consistency may be different from a true fudge but I love it just the same.
The chocolate fudge is made first with milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips, sweetened condensed milk and a bit of butter. All three ingredients are melted together in a saucepan and then spread out in a square baking pan and chilled well before adding the top layer of peanut butter fudge.
The peanut butter fudge is made by boiling sugar and milk together then stirring in peanut butter and marshmallow creme until it’s light and fluffy like a cloud.
The two together are heavenly! Smooth, creamy and sweet – a small square will easily satisfy the worst sweet tooth.
The fudge makes a great hostess gift and will sit pretty on all your holiday cookie trays.
The first to disappear.
- 2 - 3 teaspoons butter, at room temperature, for greasing the foil
- Chocolate Fudge:
- 3 cups milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can, 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Peanut Butter Fudge:
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 + ⅓ cups peanut butter, coat the measuring cups with baking spray first
- 1 jar, 7 ounces marshmallow creme
- Line an 8x8-inch square pan with foil and grease with butter.
Make the Chocolate Fudge:
- Add all the ingredients for the chocolate fudge to a medium, heavy-duty saucepan set over medium-low heat. Stir until all the chocolate chips are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat and let cool 10 minutes.
- Pour into the prepared pan and let cool completely.
- Refrigerate 2 - 3 hours or until completely chilled.
Make the Peanut Butter Fudge:
- Add the sugar and milk to a heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 3 minutes all the while stirring. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the peanut butter and marshmallow creme, keep stirring until smooth and well combined.
- Pour over the chocolate fudge and spread evenly from edge to edge. Let cool 15 - 20 minutes then cover with foil and refrigerate overnight.
- Use the foil to lift the fudge out of the pan to a cutting board.
- Peel off the foil and cut into squares with a chef's knife. For clean cuts dip the knife into hot water and wipe it off between each cut.
- Store fudge tightly covered in a cool dry place up to 2 weeks.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g