Baked eggs worth getting out of bed for! Even on the weekend. With breakfast sausage, chopped spinach, cheddar cheese, roasted red peppers and onions.
Breakfast sausage links are pan-fried, cut into coins and spread over the bottom of a buttered baking dish.
Onions, red peppers and bagged chopped spinach is sauteed until tender and then stirred into eggs and milk along with cheddar cheese. The egg concoction is poured over the sausage and baked.
It’s like a big fat omelet with all your favorite breakfast foods.
The hardest part is waiting for it to cook. The easiest part is devouring it like a hungry wolf.
It also makes a great breakfast for dinner otherwise known as brinner.Print
- 12 ounces breakfast sausage links
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- ¼ cup diced roasted red pepper (from a jar)
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach (from a bag not a box)
- 10 large eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- sea or kosher salt and black pepper
- In a large frying pan cook the sausage links, browning on all sides. Remove to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Drain off the grease and set the pan over medium heat.
- Add the oil, roasted red peppers, onion and spinach. Season with a couple dashes of salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring often until the spinach is tender. Remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a 9×11-inch baking pan.
- Slice the sausage into ¾-inch thick rounds. Spread them over the bottom of the baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk the eggs and milk together with a couple good dashes of salt and pepper.
- Stir the spinach mixture and cheese into the eggs. Slowly pour it over the sausage.
- Bake until lightly golden around the edges and set in the middle 25 – 30 minutes.
- Cut into squares for serving.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: BREAKFAST, BRUNCH