Frosted Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies – These delectable treats are a perfect blend of comforting classics and refreshing mint, creating a cookie experience that’s sure to satisfy every sweet craving.
Recipe Highlights: Our Frosted Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies are a celebration of texture and flavor. The soft, cocoa-infused dough is studded with mint chocolate chips, offering a burst of coolness in every bite. Topped with a luscious chocolate mint frosting, these cookies are a heavenly treat for any occasion.
Tips and Variations For Frosted Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies:
Experiment with different types of chocolate chips for a personalized twist.
For an extra minty kick, add a drop of peppermint extract to the frosting.
Can I use a different type of chocolate in the cookie dough?
Absolutely! Feel free to experiment with your favorite chocolate varieties, such as dark chocolate or white chocolate, to customize the flavor profile of these cookies.
Can I freeze the cookie dough for later use?
Yes, you can! Shape the cookie dough into a log, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap, and freeze. When ready to bake, simply slice the frozen dough into rounds and bake as directed, adding a couple of extra minutes to the baking time.
Is it necessary to chill the cookie dough before baking?
Chilling the dough enhances the flavors and helps control cookie spread during baking. It’s recommended to chill the dough for at least 30 minutes, but overnight chilling can intensify the flavors even more.
Can I use mint extract instead of mint chocolate chips?
Certainly! If you prefer a stronger mint flavor, add a few drops of mint extract to the cookie dough. Adjust the quantity based on your personal taste preference.
How should I store these cookies for optimal freshness?
Store the Frosted Chocolate Chip Mint Cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. Adding a slice of bread to the container can help maintain their softness by preventing them from becoming too dry.
- 12 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 + 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 + 3/4 cups mint chocolate chips or
- dark chocolate mint mix, divided
- 1 tablespoon whole milk or heavy cream
- Beat the butter, cocoa powder, confectioners', salt, vanilla and flour together on medium speed until a soft, smooth dough forms. Stir or knead in 1 cup of the mint chocolate chips.Shape the dough into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes or overnight.Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Scoop rounded teaspoonfuls of the dough and shape into balls. Place 2 inches apart and cook 8 - 10 minutes.Cool cookies on wire racks. Once cooled melt the remaining 3/4 cup mint chocolate chips with the milk and whisk until smooth. Dip the cookies halfway and place on parchment. If the chocolate doesn't set up refrigerate for 20 minutes or until set.Store in a tightly covered container up to 1 week.
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g